Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can't Beet the Heat

Holy Hot Dog. This is the temperature around 6pm. I read in many blogs how so many love spring without even considering the fact that I will be dumped into a roasting pan.

The heat of the day dictated a BBQ with a nice, cold salad. With that, I pulled up some beets this morning and proceeded with the pickling process. They were delicious. I BBQed T-Bones and Italian Chicken. Some sourdough bread had melted mozzarella and Parmesan with my secret seasoning toasted in. For dessert, I believe I have had the sweetest, richest dessert ever. English Toffee Cake! If it's gonna be hotter than hell, I want a little pleasure in my misery.
Tomorrow's predicted high---100!

2 comments:

L said...

Boo hoo, it was 105 here and humid. Hello, air conditioning!

MAYBELLINE said...

And to add insult to your misery, I bet you didn't have any pickled beets.