Friday, January 14, 2011

Winter Color

Even though it’s January and even though it’s been unusually rainy, there are still flowers in the garden.  Winter here in Bakersfield, California is probably like spring in those areas where gardeners love the summer.  Those gardeners are now probably deep in snow and longing for summer.  Not me.  I’m lovin’ winter.  Let me enjoy it.  There’s not much left.

 DSC_2305_5724

 

DSC_2310_5729

 

 

DSC_2316_5730

 

DSC_2303_5722

 

DSC_2302_5721

 

DSC_2306_5725

 

DSC_2308_5727

 

DSC_2309_5728

5 comments:

A Year In My Garden said...

Very pretty - maybe if winter looked like that round here I woulkdn't ant =it to go away either.

Anonymous said...

What lovely winter colors. Thanks. Emily

Lona said...

Hi Maybelline. Enjoy those winter flowers they are so pretty and I needed seeing your pretty flowers today. They are so lovely. Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Can I come stay with you for a week? I'm getting tired of the snow.

MAYBELLINE said...

*All - Please think of me when you're enjoying your summer and I'm melting. In the meantime - think of me as I enjoy this cool weather where dressing in layers is a way of life---for just a little while.