Sunday, June 26, 2011

Podcast

Maybelline’s Garden will be having regular podcasts for a short time.  Not those “techy” kind of podcasts.  Nope.  I’ll be chronicling the progress of a special pod in the garden.

Remember last June when my split leaf philodendron produced a very unusual flower that morphed into a very unusual fruit?   Well, it’s doing it again except about 3 weeks later this year.

DSC_2200_6697

 

Updates will be made as this thing progresses.  In the meantime, I would like ideas on how to use the fruit.  This is a strange one to me and if it’s edible, I would like to give it a try (if it’s good).  Research commences.

1 comment:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I read about the fruit here- it sounds like it won't be good unless it's ripe. I hope I got the right plant!

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Gardening/2010/0301/A-misnamed-houseplant-that-s-good-enough-eat