Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bad News. Good News.

Bad news first...

One of the 3 fruits on the Split Leaf Philodendron has aborted.  It's one of the weirdedst items in the garden - sans moi.  The plant still gives off an intense tropically sweet scent.  Since zone 8-9 is not the proper conditions for this fruit to develop, I'll have to settle for this process to occur around Memorial Day weekend each year.
The bad news really wasn't that bad.  This was expected and should happen for the remaining 2 fruits.

Good news now...
The Aloe Vera has been moved out of the sun and into the shade where it's once sunburned leaves are plumping up, greening up, and thriving.  Lesson:  stay out of the sun. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm surprised about the aloe. I would have thought it would love that hot sun. I better move mine out of the window and a little further away.

dorothy said...

Aloe Vera gel is the best thing I ever used for sunburn. I learned too late the stay out of the sun lesson!

Donna said...

Hmmm, never heard of the Split Leaf Philodendron.
I have a small aloe plant in the garden. I better move it to the shade...thanks.

Garden center Winston-Salem said...

Very Interesting blog i like it..
Thank you for post.