Monday, September 27, 2010

Eenie Meanie Beanie Surprise

DSC_2180_5200

As I was ripping out the last of the tomatoes I noticed that the Borlotto Solista Beans had gotten intertwined with the Al Kuffa tomatoes.  No big deal.  Those bean vines are getting ripped out too.  Those danged beans didn’t produce much of anything.  Shoot.  I planted them way back on May 18th.  Once I untangled the beans from the tomatoes look what I found.  There are a bunch more just like this big, fat baby.  With that, the Borlotto Solistas are in.  The Al Kuffa are out.  More broccoli will be planted.

Most all the seeds have germinated – cabbages, lettuces, onions, radishes, cauliflower, carrots…This recent flush of summer’s hot toilet has helped to push those seeds right along.  Next, the peppers need to be harvested to make way for garlic.

Things are just movin’ right along.

No comments: