Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lantana

DSC_1542_4447Lantana grows super easy in zone 9 – Bakersfield, California.  This plant is in an old 5 gallon bucket.  It has never been pampered.  Sometimes it gets a good drink of water.  It’s always in the sun.  Pruning is a snap.  I just took the clippers and hacked at it any which way to remove the twigs.  In a short period of time the blossoms appear for the summer along will the nectar seeking creatures.  This would make a super easy hedge for someone that doesn’t want to bother with a fussy plant.

Lantana.  Reminds me of Dan Tanna.

image 1978.  Seems like yesterday.

3 comments:

Lona said...

Hi Maybelline. Your Lantana is so pretty. Love the bight yellow. I love this plant and got a new purple one this spring but I really like the all yellow of yours.The butterflies love it.

Bill Bird said...

Vegas. The day and age of T&A on network TV. How I miss the good ol' days.

Glennis said...

Hilarious. Dan Tanna.

I like the lantanas that are really gaudy and bi-colored, magenta and orange, with names like Atomic and Flame, and - oh, I dunno, Nuclear Bomb!

They are tough and colorful and durable.