Ready? Answers below.
|1. Syringa Oleaceae|
|2. Rosmarinus officinalis Labiatae|
|4. Cruciferae mustard (or cress)|
|5. Aloysia triphylla Verbenaceae|
|6. Cruciferae mustard (or cress)|
2. Rosemary. Use the woody sprigs for kabob skewers by removing the leaves and soaking in water before threading you favorite BBQ stuff.
3. Lemon. Always a favorite and most always in bloom.
4. Cabbage. Ready for March 17th?
5. Lemon Verbena. I like rubbing my hand along the leaves to pick up the scent. Adding some dried leaves in a card before mailing makes getting that piece of mail so much better.
6. Broccoli. It's bolting like mad and attracting so may bees and bumble bees too.
All of the trees and berries (including blueberries) have received their 1st dose of fertilizer for 2013 followed by a long soaking.