Monday, November 8, 2010

Road Trip – Kernville Natives

These images were captured above Kernville in Tulare County along the Kern River.

What are these plants?

DSC_2101_5322 A

 

DSC_2103_5324 B

 

DSC_2105_5326 C

 

DSC_2108_5329D

 

DSC_2109_5330 E

 

DSC_2111_5332 F

 

DSC_2112_5333G

 

DSC_2113_5334 H

 

DSC_2114_5335I

 

I don’t have the answers - just the pictures.  If you know what these plants are please let me know.  If you don’t, enjoy the images of native Kern River plants.

7 comments:

Lona said...

What gorgeous images of some beautiful textures and colors. Wonderful Maybelline!

Greg Damitz said...

A is a Cockleburr. I see plenty of them in the seasonal marshes in the Sacramento Valley.

Melissa Price said...

I am absolutely no help here... but I did enjoy seeing all the interesting plant species! You have a very different landscape out there than we have here.

Anonymous said...

G and H are both buckwheats, but I have no clue which of the many native varieties they might be.
HelenB

Far Side of Fifty said...

I wish I could help..nothing is familiar to me..I guess California is a long way from Minnesota! They are lovely photos. :)

Maureen said...

Not a clue...but the photos are great!

Glennis said...

G and H are probably buckwheat.

C may be Yucca whippeli, or Our Lord's Candle.

I love the green of E - some kind of lichen, but not sure what kind.