Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ajax the Garden Gnome

DSC_2171_53892 months old – December 6, 2010

It’s been a year since we picked up our latest garden gnome.  He was cold and wet and pooped in the car* 3 times on the way home.  Yes, I could have barfed up my In & Out dinner; but prevailed by not adding to the aroma.  This fella has grown into his paws but still acts like a puppy.  His favorite gardening chore is attacking and subduing any dangerous garden tools such as rakes, brooms, or hoes.  I feel safe.  He also has a knack for pruning.  Currently, he’s working on a lilac and a bay laurel tree.  He has completely pruned (killed) a Texas Ranger.  There is also a wisteria that I hope comes back in the spring.DSC_2196_54122 months old – December 7, 2010

DSC_2237_7058One year old – November 4, 2011

Probably the most favorite thing that Ajax does in the garden is race around the Chinese Elm tree as if he was a race horse.  He also likes to jump – jump high!  Fortunately, his weight (185+ pounds) keeps him grounded most of the time.  Digging hasn’t been much of a problem.  The best thing to do is wear him out/down by playing Kong ball on the grass.

Right now, Ajax is sleeping at my feet after enjoying a neighborhood walk and his dinner.  Life is good.

 

*  A puppy litter box with cedar chips was made available to the pup to keep him comfortable and the Element clean.

6 comments:

dorothy said...

He was an adorable puppy and has grown up to be a very handsome fellow. Our dogs were pruners, too. The male's specialty was fig trees and the female liked the sprinkler heads best. They passed on a few years ago and I still miss them!

Anonymous said...

Too bad he's so small. I'm thinking you might need to find a larger dog. LOL

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

Wow he has grown-how much bigger will he get? I would feel safe with him-he would probably scare the bejeebers out of most people-LOL!But I bet he wouldd really like to be a lap dog.

Amy said...

Geez...he is big! I thought my lab was big and she is nothing compared to yours. Also, that is a cool dog name...Ajax.

Glennis said...

Oh, goodness! Jack pooped in the car twice when I brought him home. Such a memory!

Ajax is very sweet. at 185 pounds, I'm sure glad he is!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are feeding him good! Chance threw up all over me on his ride home..must be a rite of passage:)