Calling all table grape growers in the southern San Joaquin Valley...
|Red Flame Grapes|
- How do I increase the size of the grapes?
- Pruning/thinning was done earlier in the season to try to encourage larger grapes.
- Fertilization was stopped and replaced with organic compost for mulch.
- Are the grapes splitting because of over irrigation?
- Grapes are irrigated on the same schedule as the fruit trees - 2-3 times each week. The basin is filled and drains quickly.
- They were irrigated today before I noticed the splitting.
- Is more than one crop per vine possible?
- I noticed younger bunches forming.