On April 29, I planted some Atomic Red Carrots as companions to my Arkansas Traveler Tomatoes. They were planted simply to benefit the tomatoes by loosening the soil and encouraging the tomato roots to travel deeper. Success. The tomatoes grew (and continue to grow) so tall that the growth of the carrots was stunted. Yesterday, I pulled what I could because I needed some carrots for the minestrone soup I was making. The carrots were small and a deep, dark red. Wow. I didn’t even think to take a reference photo until I had almost finished chopping up the carrots. Here’s a couple of examples. I need to order some carrot seeds to plant for fall.
Personal Reveal: As a child we always had cold carrot sticks on the dinner table. I liked to dip mine in catsup. In fact, to this day I believe the reason to eat French Fries is to enjoy catsup.
Note: The Lemon Squash and Malali Watermelon was ripped out yesterday to make way for some fall planting.
DBE gals: If you would like to leave a comment on any of these posts scroll down to the bottom of the post. You will find something that looks like this:
Posted by MAYBELLINE at 9:02 PM 9 comments
- Click on comments.
- A box should open at the bottom of the post allowing you a space to type in your comments.
- Click on the drop down box to choose your identity. You can type in your name or use an account you may have set up or simply remain anonymous. If you do choose anonymous, you can reveal who you are in your comment.
- Once you have typed in your comment, you can then choose to preview it if you like.
- Once everything looks how you wish then select “Post Comment”.
- Your comment will not appear immediately. I monitor the comments and yours should be posted as soon as I can.
Let me know if you need any help.