Saturday, October 22, 2011

Buttercup Squash

Buttercup squash was planted on August 13, 2011 with the expectation that it would be ready mid to late November.  So far, so good.

DSC_2215_7084The squash bugs have been reduced to a manageable population (zero) and the only noticeable pests are earwigs.  Everything looks to be on track to enjoy some warm recipes for the cooler weather. 

In about a month the squash should be mature enough to resemble this… imageNow if I can only find my packet of seeds I bought at Floyd’s.  I need to do some serious seed organizing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What timing! I just bought one of these today from an Amish produce stand down the road from me. I had never heard of them before until today :)

Glennis said...

Beautiful. I have to confess I don't cook squash enough - even though whenever its served to me I love it. I need to get past that!