Monday, October 24, 2011

May I See Your ID?

Quite a few blossoms are thriving in the back garden now. 
Are you feeling smart?  I have photos of a dozen different blooms for you to identify.  Today, I’m offering 6 for your identification.  I’ll post the answers with as much name information that I know at the end of this post for you to grade your knowledge.  No prizes---just the crown that you’re a garden smarty.
Ready?  Set?  Go!
DSC_2228_70981.
DSC_2231_7101
2.
DSC_2244_7114
3.
DSC_2247_7117
4.
DSC_2232_7102
5.
DSC_2234_7104
6.
Here come the answers…


  1. Moonflower (Ipomoea alba)
  2. Lantana (Verbenaceae)
  3. Hawaiian Blue Eyes (Evolvulus glomeratas)
  4. Bacopa (Jamesbrittenia Party Orange)
  5. Chrysanthemum
  6. Strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa)
How many did you get right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm being honest I only got one right. I got one half right. =0)

dorothy said...

Well I couldn't ID Hawaiian Blue Eyes and Bacopa. The others I knew. I have never had bacopa in that color but it's pretty!

Sue said...

I got fooled by that Bacopa too. I've never seen the orange....

Lo said...

Sob....only got one right....the mums.

My excuse is ignorance and being half blind but I enjoyed all the flowers, thank you.

I have not forgotten that I promised you some plant......one of these days......

Glennis said...

Fooey, I'm too late to try - but before I scrolled down to your answers, I got them all right in my head except for Bacopa.