Monday, June 28, 2010

Lemon Squash for Dinner


Here’s a recipe for delicious Lemon Squash.

  • Chop up as much garlic as you like and place it in a container (jar, cup, etc.). 
  • Pour enough olive oil on top of the garlic to cover it.
  • Let it sit (covered) for a few hours at room temperature to mix the flavors.
  • Trim the ends off the squash.
  • Cut the squash lengthwise.
  • Drizzle on garlic olive oil.
  • Add -
    • Kosher salt
    • ground black pepper
    • onion powder
  • Place off the heat on your BBQ/grill to roast while you cook your meat.

Ding dong daddy o.  This is delicious!

Thank me later.


Aagaard Farms said...

We know that as papaya pear squash! It's wonderful grilled - much more firm than a lot of summer squash! We're going to try your recipe as soon as our are ready, which is probably another four weeks!


*Aagaard - good luck. My crop is coming in strong. So strong that my neighbors are reaping the benefits.

And Sow My Garden Grows said...

Wow - I've never seen that variety before. Really they look like lemons! Great recipe too.

Melissa said...

I LOVE summer squash. I've never tried that variety, but it's beautiful. I also love it grilled with a little olive oil, black pepper, and sea salt. Divine! And a snap to cook. I've enjoyed looking through your blog this morning, catching up with you. You're fortunate to have strawberries still! Have a great day... : ) Melissa

Melissa said...

Maybelline, I almost wet my pants because I laughed so hard when I read your comment on my blog!!! What a typo... especially with the tomato pics. Too funny! Glad you laughed, too. : ) Melissa


*Melissa - I think you meant to say that you almost wet your pantry!