Sunday, July 31, 2011

Harvest Interrupted

DSC_2164_6844

This morning, the skies were overcast as I plucked tomatoes and twisted squash for harvest.  I didn’t get a chance to grab some corn or peppers before the clouds started to spritzel.  Since I think of myself as a little sugar cube, I darted inside before I melted with the splash of a drop.  Really, my biggest concern was my camera.  To celebrate the harvest, we headed to Floyd’s for some canning supplies and seeds for the winter (broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, Buttercup squash) before we had lunch out at the air park.  French fries and ketchup is most likely a perfect food.  This afternoon will be spent canning salsa and dreaming of cooler fall days with the rain drops won’t mean swamp pants.

4 comments:

Sue said...

We've been without rain so long, I think I would be doing a dance in it if it ever showed up!!
Nice harvest of tomatoes. I'm still about 2 weeks away from a full size one. Sigh.

Donna said...

I hadn't thought about canning salsa. Looks like you're getting quite a harvest of tomatoes.
We had rain last night which brought in some cooler air this morning.

Chiot's Run said...

That's a nice tomato harvest - I can't wait to have enough for tomato soup! I keep hoping for some rain here - it's been dry!

PS - have I mentioned how cute your kitties are (and your chiots too).

Glennis said...

Beautiful tomatoes. As for your fries, homemade ketchup is divine - try making some with your tomatoes!