Friday, March 11, 2011

Sunshine

The angle of the sun is moving from the south up to the north giving me more daylight in the garden.  Rather than hibernate after dinner, I can go out in the garden while dinner is cooking and get a bit more work done like a busy bee.

DSC_2573_6117 

Raking the gravel out in the garden, pulling out the spent broccoli, or weeding the camellias are some exercises recently performed out in my garden gymnasium.  Farmer MacGregor joined in the calorie burning by mowing the lawn.  This weekend will be dedicated to more weeding and planting lettuce, carrots, and corn.  Heck, I might even consider a trip to the nursery to buy a flat or two of flowers for the front yard.

DSC_2575_6118

 

 

LILAC ALERT:

DSC_2571_6115

4 comments:

Amy said...

My gymnasium is going to give me a workout, too. I have so many weeds in my path and in my beds. It is the part of gardening I just don't like. :/ Have fun planting those flowers.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love your lilac. My grandmother passed away a couple of years ago and we had to close up her house, getting it ready for sale. She had two 100 year old lilacs in the front yard. It was storming but we managed to dig up a start of one which has lived in the garage over the winter after being savagely attacked by caterpillars which just about devoured it in a few short hours. I am pleased to see the leaves starting to pop out! Hopefully it will find a permanent home this year somewhere protected from the deer. Do deer eat lilacs? They loved my honeysuckle bush.

Donna said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend!

I got my kitchen herb seed packets in the mail yesterday and will probably start planting tomorrow. I'm so excited! I'll let you know how well they do. Thanks, Maybelline.

Kaytee said...

The longer days are fantastic, aren't they? I'm so jealous of you though. While you have to mow the lawn, we still can't even see ours!