The weather has really started to get warm and the broccoli, along with other veggies in the garden, are starting to bolt. Today, the broccoli had to go into the freezer to enjoy later.
- Harvest as much fresh broccoli as you can.
- Rinse the harvest.
- Clip into flowerets.
- Soak in cold water.
- Place in boiling salt water for 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon into ice bath to stop cooking process and retain texture and nutrients.
- Repeat in batches until complete.
- Pat dry.
- Place in freezer container in your freezer.
That should preserve a bit of delicious nutrition for the future.
Three varieties of broccoli were grown this winter.
Since the summer crop is currently in seedling state and the last day of frost is only a few weeks away, this will give me time to clean out the beds and get ready for summer.